[Bloat] netdevconf: 0x17: The maestro and the Music BoF

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:00:56 EDT 2023

Netdevconf is probably my favorite conference, one of the last with
the true engineering skills and revolutionary spirit of the Linux
community present. The CFP is open til august 27th - and the
conference itself is oct 30-nov 3. in Vancouver, Canada. If you are
doing anything involved with Linux kernel networking and can make it
to the conference I know you will find it worthwhile.

For more information please see: https://netdevconf.info/

A lot of really cool initiatives have been kicked off there, like
eBPF!, with provocative keynotes from Dave Miller, Van Jacobson, John
Ousterhout, Nick McKeown, Shrijeet Mukherjee and many others that
spurred a lot of out of the box thinking in the networking community.
I am pretty sure Linus Torvalds will be there, too.

This time, as for my contribution, I am just planning (presently) to
do music, maybe something special that I am cooking up and am
unwilling to announce before it gells (it is kind of hard to top the
last talk I did at TTI/Vanguard with jugglers) - although the
announcement below sets new records for being over the top. Please
come on up... and bring an instrument?