[Bloat] Another Measurement Program

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:49:57 EST 2023

My principal issue with all this wonderful activity, is I would like,
rather desparately, for all the researchers involved to discuss their
methods, and try to calibrate them against a reference of some kind.
Right now it feels as though we are too often comparing meters to feet
to hippos, which will have devastating effects when attempting to
land.

http://www.taht.net/~mtaht/uncle_bills_helicopter.html

So far the only things I am comfortable with are (of course), flent,
and crusader, and a new entrant from broadband forum that leverages
udp - https://github.com/BroadbandForum/obudpst/issues/9

Rather than be critical of everyone elses tests, I tried to be
critical of my own, here:
https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/flaws_in_flent/

At the moment I have no idea what the apple RPM test is supposed to
measure anymore.

One of the big ones (not) showing up in most data sets is "survivorship bias".

Is anyone testing videoconferencing quality? A mere MOS out of
videoconferencing traffic relative to other load would please me.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 8:14 AM Livingood, Jason via Bloat
<bloat at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> When it rains, it pours… There's another measurement program focused on fixed wireless (LEO and 5G) - in addition to others I have posted the last few months. Signup is at https://measuringwirelessamerica.com/signup
>

> Personally – looking forward to ~6 months from now when all these various programs start to present papers & share data / results.
>

> Jason

Surveillance Capitalism? Or DIY? Choose:
https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/an_upgrade_in_place/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC