[Bloat] [EXTERNAL] Re: Another Measurement Program

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Mon Feb 20 15:20:41 EST 2023

> My principal issue with all this wonderful activity, is I would like,
rather desparately, for all the researchers involved to discuss their
methods, and try to calibrate them against a reference of some kind.

I think researchers & industry are in the 'storming' phase and not yet ready for 'norming', so to speak. It will probably happen in time. As papers come out, it will be helpful to examine methodologies & learn from them to move the state of the art forward.

> Is anyone testing videoconferencing quality? A mere MOS out of
videoconferencing traffic relative to other load would please me.

I think SamKnows have a video streaming quality test [1]. And IIRC there is research into passive measurement of video streams to infer quality, but I don’t recall any recent papers off hand.

Jason

[1] See:
https://samknows.com/tests/video-streaming
https://samknows.com/blog/new-streaming-test