[Bloat] [Starlink] [Rpm] the grinch meets cloudflare's christmas present

Dick Roy dickroy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 4 17:12:09 EST 2023

OK, so now we are all showing our age!  And yes, the lexicon has become
really muddied
 generally the result of someone who doesn’t know (and
thinking they do :-)), speaking the loudest and the longest and whaddaya
know, all of a sudden we have “speed tests” and “capacity tests”, when
really what is happening is that “data/information/communication rate” is
being “measured/estimated”.  Neither “speed” nor “capacity” is being
“tested”. Oh, for the good ole days when
 :-)

  _____