[Bloat] Another BB measurement program - U Chicago

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Fri Jan 20 11:28:17 EST 2023

Since I have posted about a few other recent measurement programs looking for testers – especially those targeting LEO networks a testing latency – here’s one more. This one is recruiting to test growing fixed wireless networks (LEO & 5G), expanding prior studies they have done in wireline networks. It is led by Nick Feamster<https://www.linkedin.com/feed/> at the University of Chicago, using his NetMicroscope platform (cc’d in case anyone has technical questions). To volunteer (if you use Starlink or a 5G fixed wireless ISP) – fill in the form at  https://uchicago.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eCFrZhRhNphkVGm?jfefe=new

His related work was recently featured here "Mapping the digital divide: Data reveals internet inequities across the country" - https://news.uchicago.edu/story/mapping-digital-divide-data-reveals-internet-inequities-across-country - and many of you probably know of Nick’s work anyway.

Jason

PS – I do believe the tests themselves are or will all be openly documented and that raw data may also become available.