[Bloat] [Starlink] Annoyed at 5/1 Mbps...

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 21 14:33:32 EDT 2023

Hi Jan,

thanks for correcting this. I should have stuck to the point I wanted to make, that Nokia's and partner's 25 Gbps PON version is called 25GS-PON.
Even though there is some potential for drama in the Nokia's (simpler encoding scheme using?) 25G-PON outside of ITU versus Huawei's (more complex encoding schemes using) 50G-PON inside ITU...

Technically I am in no position to decide what a proper standard is and what not and whether proprietary versus from a standards body is a useful distinction, so I am happy to take your word on it..