[Bloat] [Starlink] Annoyed at 5/1 Mbps...

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:22:03 EDT 2023

GPON is TDMA so the latency is going to be at a minimum the RTT * connected
ONUs, vs DSL which is a fixed ratio/scheduler.

Standard GPON deployments are typically well over 1 second to the OLT.  Not
that it's bad or anything, but in comparison GPON has very 'wireless' like
best case latency but without the wireless variances.