[Bloat] [Rpm] [Starlink] [LibreQoS] On FiWi

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue Mar 21 16:06:43 EDT 2023

I'll point out that pre-Internet, there was UUCP and dialups between the
computers, not even always-on links. So latency was 'wait until the next dialup
session' and bandwidth was the critical issue.

most of the early applications worked with this environment, so the transition
to always-connected still didn't have a strong latency driver. It's only as the
web grew (and other real-time apps were introduced) that latency began to be
more significant than bulk bandwitdth.

but as you say, people haven't wrapped their heads around 'bandwidth is
available' yet.

David Lang