[Bloat] On fiber as critical infrastructure w/Comcast chat

rjmcmahon rjmcmahon at rjmcmahon.com
Sat Mar 25 16:43:57 EDT 2023

It's not just one phone call. I've been figuring this out for about two
years now. I've been working with some strategic people in Boston, colos
& dark fiber providers, and professional installers that wired up many
of the Boston universities, some universities themselves to offer co-ops
to students to run networsk, trainings for DIC and other high value IoT
offerings, blue collar principals (with staffs of about 100) to help
them learn to install fiber and provide better jobs for their employees.

My conclusion is that Comcast is best suited for the job as the
broadband provider, at least in Boston, for multiple reasons. One chat
isn't going to block me ;)

The point of the thread is that we still do not treat digital
communications infrastructure as life support critical. It reminds me of
Elon Musk and his claims on FSD. I could do the whole thing myself - but
that's not going to achieve what's needed. We need systems that our
loved ones can call and those systems will care for them. Similar to how
the medical community works, though imperfect, in caring for our loved
one's and their healths.

I think we all are responsible for changing our belief sets & developing
ourselves to better serve others. Most won't act until they can actually
see what's possible. So let's start to show them.

Bob