[Bloat] [Starlink] On fiber as critical infrastructure w/Comcast chat

rjmcmahon rjmcmahon at rjmcmahon.com
Tue Mar 28 18:42:47 EDT 2023

If it doesn't align with privacy & security, what we know of physics,
what can be achieved by world class engineering, what will be funded by
market models or behaviors based upon payments & receipts, increase job
creation for blue collar workers, reduce power consumption, etc. then I
agree FiWi should, and likely will, fail.

Russia came very late to the industrial revolution because its leaders
were against technological progress, e.g. trains. That was a critical
juncture for them.
https://blogs.lt.vt.edu/jhoran/2014/08/31/transportation-and-industrialization/

It seems likely to me we are at our own critical juncture. I hope we get
it more or less right so that inclusive human societies, societies that
learn to care for others, built from our technologies, technologies
derived from the works & ideas of those who came before us, can benefit
long after we each depart as has been done with potable water supplies
for many (but not all.)

Bob

PS. I tend to ignore things that have no chance. I find it better to
spend my time & energy on things that do have some possibility of
impact. I find our lives are too short to do otherwise.