[Cake] Cake3 - source code and some questions

Adrian Popescu adriannnpopescu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 08:33:31 EDT 2015

Thank you, Jonathan. High bandwidth home networks are becoming more
and more common. FTTH has very low latency of 1-2ms. fq_codel has
exhibited some weird behaviour, but I can't put my finger on it
because CPU usage wasn't a problem. Figuring out what's going on at
the kernel or fq_codel level can be complicated.

These high bandwidth connections with low latency are somewhat similar
to data centre networks. Some who co-locate their servers have 100mbps
of symmetric bandwidth outside of their network and they have 1 gbps
or 10 gbps within their network.

Setting up fq_codel properly can be difficult because the quantum, the
target and the interval need to be adjusted on high bandwidth & low
latency links. Figuring out if the changes have helped or hurt is
difficult because the network conditions can be different.

I can't wait to test cake3.

Regards,
Adrian