[Cake] Cake3 - source code and some questions

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 06:24:33 EDT 2015

> Can cake3 be used in a hierarchical setup, like htb?

This is a trickier question. Cake is designed to be as simple to configure
as possible, and a classful setup would work against that (it would
instantly triple the number of tc invocations required). However, it could
be used as a leaf qdisc with a separate classifier, if you really wanted
to. I have trouble imagining why, though.

To put it simply, we want to build the functionality for the most common
use cases into cake natively, especially when they don't do any harm to be
left switched on (by default) when not strictly needed.