[Cake] single softirq handler for shaping?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:11:51 EDT 2015

All the new routers are multicore - the mt72 is 4 cores, I think the
linksys 1900ac is dual core.

And it is not clear to me if we are single threaded on the softirq
handler or other parts of the shaping side of all this. ? I seem to only
see one softirq handler running on the edgerouter pro with htb + fq_codel,
for example.

We usually run two instances of the shaper - one on inbound - the
hard task, and the other on outbound (usually much less hard on cpu)

So one thread per shaper (if sufficient cpus are available) queue
might scale better, if we are presently only using one.

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67