[Cake] Other codel decay issues

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:14:54 EDT 2015

Codel state variable decay is an issue. I did not poke
into the 8 way set associative cache worked, but...

Queues empty and fill at lower rates as well, you DO
want to reuse the codel queue that was going into in
that case.

Eric settled on about 3 seconds to gc sch_fq; most
codel versions reset their state at 1600ms empty.

You probably want a "fresh" codel queue for each new
flow, or one borrowing from other existing states.

(I actually do like pie sometimes, just measuring the
total queue and then trying to find an ideal drop rate)
Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67