[Cake] dscp & tunneling

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 07:49:13 EST 2015

etags (or ctags) are friends here, as is cscope. I am in deep
gratitude to toke for supplying me a pretty good working .emacs.d set
of files for browsing code recently - I'd lost 20 years worth of
accumulated tools when my lab got stolen and don't do enough software
development today to justify sinking the time into making emacs sing
and dance anymore. That said, I don't understand 90% of all the cool
stuff he handed me...

in the linux kernel tree, do a make TAGS. then in emacs it's esc->. to
look up a symbol. There are ton of other things in cscope that are
pretty amazing. vi has similar interfaces as do eclipse.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
<kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:

> On 10/12/15 12:35, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant wrote:
>>
>> On 10/12/15 12:22, Dave Taht wrote:

>>> Wireshark is your friend here.
>> I shall befriend it once again :-)
>>> It would not surprise me if dscp inherit had broken again, or, it was
>>> borked on decapsulation. Not a widely tested feature, that.
>> I'm only 'testing' the encapsulation side...ipv6 into router, router
>> encapsulates into ipv6, cake then sits across 'eth0' the Internet facing
>> interface and isn't classifying the flows - and I swear this used to work.

I had it working 3 years back, yes, also.