[Cake] dscp & tunneling

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Thu Dec 10 07:59:07 EST 2015

On 10/12/15 12:49, Dave Taht wrote:
> etags (or ctags) are friends here, as is cscope. I am in deep
> gratitude to toke for supplying me a pretty good working .emacs.d set
> of files for browsing code recently - I'd lost 20 years worth of
> accumulated tools when my lab got stolen and don't do enough software
> development today to justify sinking the time into making emacs sing
> and dance anymore. That said, I don't understand 90% of all the cool
> stuff he handed me...
>
> in the linux kernel tree, do a make TAGS. then in emacs it's esc->. to
> look up a symbol. There are ton of other things in cscope that are
> pretty amazing. vi has similar interfaces as do eclipse.
Well I'm beginning to get the vague whiff of a rat......

In iproute2 land 'iptunnel.c' is responsible for setting 'iph.tos'.

'ip tunnel' in openwrt land returns:

# ip tunnel
BusyBox v1.24.1 (2015-12-10 10:25:05 GMT) multi-call binary.

Usage: ip [OPTIONS] {address | route | link | rule} {COMMAND}

ip [OPTIONS] OBJECT {COMMAND}
where OBJECT := {address | route | link | rule}
OPTIONS := { -f[amily] { inet | inet6 | link } | -o[neline] }

First line gives a clue...this isn't real 'iproute2', this is busybox.

And a vaguely remember something going by on the openwrt commit list
about switching to 'busybox ip route' built-ins.

Does busybox understand the tos flag?

I can't prove it yet.  But it's one of those gut feels I get......