[Cake] cake notes

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 14:19:23 EDT 2015

I think exposing an "interval" param (at least) is needed for those
that want to try cake on satellite links.

still want squashing and ultimately diffserv intercon.

need testing with drr + cake and some filters (sort of an isp
environment) - I do not know if drr works right with stuff that can
drop packets.

the new flow hashing apis continue to settle upstream in 4.X with no
actual users in the code.

I have been misusing the bandwidth parameter to put a cap on memory use on wifi.

a stat shown on active flows would be good. There was some other stat
I wanted...

and getting more users to get more feedback would be good.

worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast