[Cake] openwrt build with latest cake and other qdiscs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun May 10 16:37:28 EDT 2015

"cake" is the most current code. Please use that. I suspect you just ran
into the hard bandwidth/QoS implementation in the older code.

I had not got around to trying the "atm"  option in cake, which tries to
compensate for cell size also. So you should enable that - and I havent
added support for it to sqm either!

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Alan Jenkins <
alan.christopher.jenkins at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi again
>
> I tested Dave's build of cake on wndr3800.  (Didn't try specifying
> cake2/cake3; I'm guessing tc cake means cake3 on there).  "atm" adjustment
> worked fine on my adsl.  I can't distinguish it from sqm-scripts with the
> same configuration.
>
> SQM seems to win from having "overhead 40", which I can't configure in
> cake.
>

>   up / kbit/s
>
> down / kbit/s
>
> overhead / bytes
>
> Median RRUL / ms
>
> SQM
>
> 16000
>
> 950
>
> 0
>
> 74
>
> Cake
>
> 17175
>
> 995
>
> 0
>
> 76
>

>    Cake
>
> 16000
>
> 950
>
> 0
>
> 74
>
> SQM
>
> 17175
>
> 995
>
> 40
>
> 70
>

>    DSL sync rate
>
> 17619
>
> 1020
>

>   59
>
> IMO it wouldn't hurt for 'tc atm', 'tc adsl', and everything else to
> default to 'overhead 44'.  (The highest overhead Seb reported; the original
> worst case overhead[1] plus a vlan header for IPTV).
>
> Alan
>
> [1] http://ace-host.stuart.id.au/russell/files/tc/tc-atm/#usage

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67