[Cake] openwrt build with latest cake and other qdiscs

Alan Jenkins alan.christopher.jenkins at gmail.com
Sun May 10 13:29:56 EDT 2015

Hi again

I tested Dave's build of cake on wndr3800.  (Didn't try specifying
cake2/cake3; I'm guessing tc cake means cake3 on there).  "atm"
adjustment worked fine on my adsl.  I can't distinguish it from
sqm-scripts with the same configuration.

SQM seems to win from having "overhead 40", which I can't configure in cake.

up / kbit/s

down / kbit/s

overhead / bytes

Median RRUL / ms

SQM

16000

950

0

74

Cake

17175

995

0

76

Cake

16000

950

0

74

SQM

17175

995

40

70

DSL sync rate

17619

1020

59

IMO it wouldn't hurt for 'tc atm', 'tc adsl', and everything else to
default to 'overhead 44'.  (The highest overhead Seb reported; the
original worst case overhead[1] plus a vlan header for IPTV).

Alan

[1] http://ace-host.stuart.id.au/russell/files/tc/tc-atm/#usage