[Cake] Long-RTT broken again

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 3 13:06:26 EST 2015

On Nov 3, 2015, at 18:59 , Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> But incase of a byte limit I think using sib->true size is the right
>> thing...
>
> No, the opposite: The byte limit expresses the queue size measured in
> actual packet size, not consumed memory; aren't we going somewhat in
> circles here? :P

	Could be, I am easily distracted ;) . I think I already agreed that for people wanting to control BDP actual packet size matters more, but forgot about that when thinking how clever the usage of skb-> truesize is. So the rephrase, skb->truesize is great if one wants to control the routers memory consumption, which is the angle I have been mainly arguing from. It seems all three ways of limiting the queue have some merit, with n_packets and consumed_memory being sort of equivalent, and byte_limit being the odd one out…