[Cake] basic cake

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:02:34 EST 2015

Last night I went about removing nearly every unproven "feature" that
has been added to cake since july, in part to establish a baseline for
a performance comparison directly against sqm-scripts with
htb+fq_codel, on low end hardware, and in part, to be able to test
each newer feature
more fully on the testbed.

The very long list of commits is here, complete with pithy comments,
in the separate repo.

https://github.com/dtaht/bcake/commits/master

I would like it if someone using a low end home router could benchmark
this version of cake
against the mainline version.

My plan, such as it is, is to keep simplifying, and testing.  I still
don't get the new hashing
API....

This reduction effort was fruitful in that I found yet another way to
reuse "now"... fixed one bug, maybe spotted another...

Toke has been busy with flent, which has gained a really abusive 1000
tcp flows test, and
the ability to parse qdisc statistics, so long as you tell flent where
to get them from:

--test-parameter qdisc_stats_hosts=localhost\
--test-parameter qdisc_stats_interfaces=$IFACE\

http://snapon.cs.kau.se/~d/newcake/t

https://www.gofundme.com/savewifi