[Cake] wash option not in tc-adv

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Mon Nov 30 06:22:21 EST 2015

On 30/11/15 10:22, Vincent Frentzel wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Im 99.9% sure of having done that.
>
> 1) I have a cero repo in my feed list.
> 2) I ran ./scripts/feeds update -a; install -a
> 3) made oldconfig reviewed the changes (tc-adv and sch-cake are here).
> 4) ran make dirclean; make
Looks good to me.  The 'install -a' is not required as 'tc-adv' is
(hopefully) already installed, and you (equally hopefully) just updated
it.  To make sure an old version of 'tc-adv' isn't hanging around for
some reason, 'rm dl/tc-adv-4.1.0-*' is another 'brute force' option.

> I ll check the Makefile for the version stanza tonight.
The Makefile is king so worth checking.

> I use as option "wash diffserv4". Is this correct? I use this config
> on my egress queue (facing lan side).
In fact, as 'diffserv4' is the cake default, you can reduce this to just
'wash'.  And I just did 'tc qdisc change dev ifb4eth0 root cake wash
diffserv4' and it all worked as expected.

You are flashing the box (or uploading the new 'tc-adv' package') right?
:-)  I know it's a silly question :-)

> Thanks for your help,
No problem.