[Cake] is there a patch for tc-adv somewhere for showing active_flows

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Thu Oct 1 08:00:52 EDT 2015

On 30/09/15 12:28, Dave Taht wrote:
> at the moment it seems best to keep working these out of tree versions, imho.

The 'problem' with that Dave is that there are people here keen to be on
the latest commits so that they may test the latest 'n' greatest code.
Who doesn't want a willing set of fools^H^H^H^H^H^H testers trying to
break code for free? :-)

You've mentioned how great it is that things have been moving well
recently, yes it is!  I'd say that some of that is down to someone in
essence doing a bit of janitorial work in collecting commits together
and pushing them into a central-ish repo, namely yours.  Personally
speaking sending to your repo makes more sense as that's where the
ceropackages repo points the openwrt users to go (well I think that's
the case anyway)

None of this is rocket surgery/brain science, somehow even I seem
capable of merging repos/commits, but having some sort of idea in which
repo active development is taking place so it can be collated & tested
would be a very nice thing :-)

From what I can work out at the moment, your github sch-cake repo is
where you & JM work on the cake module, so hasn't diverged.  JM appears
to work on iproute/tc in Toke's iproute2 repo, but you work on
iproute/tc in your github/tc-adv repo - they did diverge a little, with
trivial merge conflicts.  Are there any more?  What have I missed?

Apologies, I'm a little frustrated by other events at the moment and I
think that may have spilled into this email as well....no hurt/insult
intended.

Kevin