[Cake] Update kernel version check in cake

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Tue Sep 29 05:42:49 EDT 2015

On 29/09/15 00:01, Jonathan Morton wrote:

> I actually had the version check fix locally, but for some reason it
> hadn't been picked up by a push yet.

Yep, I have those moments.  Just when I think I've got git sussed it
goes and does something completely logical but totally unexpected :-)

> Squashing would involve writing to the TOS byte, which is already done
> by ECN marking, via a helper function.

Ah, so if I can work out how that's done I'm 50% of the way there.
Should keep me amused for a few days.

> I tried removing the cow stuff once before.  Everything promptly
> stopped working until I put it back.  I have no idea why.

Well here's interesting.  I got brave and put my suggested change into
action.  So far: 1) router not blown up  2) tc -s still shows traffic in
different Classes (Dave, I prefer your term 'Bin' here too - I
considered 'Bucket' for a laugh) which suggests the reading of ip_hdr is
still working. 3) This hasn't been thoroughly tested in any way
whatsoever but i've tried diffserv4 & besteffort and both don't appear
broken.

Pull request: https://github.com/dtaht/sch_cake/pull/6

Kevin