[Cake] is there a patch for tc-adv somewhere for showing active_flows

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Tue Sep 29 09:06:40 EDT 2015

On 29/09/15 12:12, Dave Taht wrote:
> I seem to recall one... and also doing up
> a patch to cake that shipped it
>
> don't see it...
>
> boy it has been a while

Are you thinking of Toke's iproute2 repo?
http://kau.toke.dk/git/cake/iproute2/  -  There's something there which
adds cake stats and I think is the real source of the pull request I
recently sent you.

Your tc-adv repo never got those updates and since openwrt references
the cerowrt-packages repo which then reference your cake, pie & tc-adv
repos neither did it.

The situation is I think best described as lacking clarity.  Certainly
I've found it confusing and ended up maintaining my own branch of
cerowrt-packages, and in some cases (eg tc-adv sparse/bulk/active flows)
generated quilt style patches for my local openwrt build.

Ideally I'd have offered this to all here, the closest I got was a quick
write-up of some build instructions.  I do know how time consuming this
can become.

As a 'for example' the recent changes to cake & tc-adv should also
result in cerowrt-packages having the git SHA ref updated in the package
Makefiles.  That way at least cerowrt-package subscribers get to test
the bleeding edge code :-)

I've no idea how this then gets into upstream openwrt.  I'm willing to
try and maintain as long as I get some support, otherwise I'm going to
find myself doing a lot of guessing again which is exhausting.

Happy to receive private emails :-)

Kevin (onboard train dodgy wifi)