[Cake] Update kernel version check in cake

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Sep 29 11:10:14 EDT 2015

Hi Dave,

On Sep 29, 2015, at 13:10 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I added support for squashing to both sch_cake and tc-adv repos. Sort
> of compile tested
> only. (my laptop's kernel is 3.16 and doesn't build, my virtuals in
> linode do not come with
> kernel sources, snapon crashed two weeks ago, and so on)

	Just played a bit with the shiny new squash option. For my limited testing it seems to work. I do wonder whether the automatic default to besteffort is the ideal behavior though. For example on egress it would be nice to be able to use the internal set DSCP markings but clean them from the outgoing packets as not to leak “information” to the ISP, similarly but more contrived the same could be agued for ingress ;)

Best Regards