[Cake] Beating bufferbloat

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:26:06 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Alec Robertson
<alecrobertson13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve been out of the bufferbloat game for a while and want to try and beat
> it once again.
>
> I’ve got an FTTC connection (UK) which I get around 60Mbps on but with
> horrible bufferbloat on my Billion 8800NL. What router should I get that can
> run OpenWRT and handle this connection? Do the newest builds of OpenWRT have
> cake built-in now via sqm-scripts or would I need to install this manually.
> If so, how would I do this?
>
> Would appreciate any help and apologies if I come off in any way stupid.

A cake enabled openwrt build is here, for several platforms.

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=50914

It is a bit behind git head last I looked. I just did a pull to
ceropackages of the latest stuff, but it's not in that build yet
(works fine, is missing some new features)

Otherwise sqm-scripts using fq_codel is available on every openwrt
platform in chaos calmer and trunk, sqm-scripts works on all linux's
I've tried, also.

http://blog.cerowrt.org