[Cake] Configuring cake for VDSL2 bridged connection

techicist at gmail.com techicist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:13:19 EDT 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I take it that one of the DHCPs should read PPPoE?

Yes, you are quite correct. It should read: "TalkTalk uses DHCP to obtain
an IP address and not PPPoE as most other ISPs do." But I think you
understood that :)

My sync speeds on VDSL2 have been very stable for the last 84+ days so my
calculated figures will stay the same for some time, I would like to think.
My DS sync speed is 58976Kbps and thus I have calculated a reference value
of 58068Kbps based on your formula. The US sync speed is 10422Kbps and the
reference value for this is 10261Kbps.

Setting the reference values to 50%, I have: 29034Kbps for the DS; and
5130Kbps for the US. I will test with these numbers shortly. Am I right to
assume I can just paste these into the SQM interface on LuCI? I will set
the "Queuing discipline" to *cake* and the "Queue setup script" to
*piece_of_cake.qos*.

I assume also at this stage, to set "Which link layer to account for" as *none
(default)*?

I will then increment the values I have pasted into LuCI (assuming that is
correct) as you have said. At this point, with an assumed overhead of 8, do
I just choose *Ethernet with overhead...* and then set the "Per Packet
Overhead (byte)" to *8*?

Is there any benefit of going through UCI?