[Cake] Configuring cake for VDSL2 bridged connection

Alan Jenkins alan.christopher.jenkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:47:50 EDT 2016

So you can read off (+calculate) overall throughput, in both directions.

And it looks like your latency under load rises by only about 2ms.
That's the sort of thing we're aiming for.

Pure codel aims for 5ms, so I take it you're using fq_codel. And... yes

(1500 * 8) / 4_000_000 = 0.003

It takes 3ms to transmit a full packet in the slower direction. So when
it's busy, ping can be delayed on average by 1.5ms (while the current
packet is transmitted).  Something like that anyway.