[Cake] [Codel] Proposing COBALT

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Tue Jun 28 04:40:25 EDT 2016

On 28/06/16 03:51, Jonathan Morton wrote:
>> On 27 Jun, 2016, at 18:18, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> How do you feel about switching that package to the cobalt variant for wider stress testing?
> I think the best way to do that would be to merge the cobalt branch to master, but retaining it for further development.  It’s stable enough for that.
>
> Except for the stats thing.  Best to fix that first.
Would you like me to split out 'sparse_flows' and 'decaying_flows'? We
have the space to do so, actually I've done it but won't push unless you
say go.

I can hear Dave groaning about stats overload from here:  To allay
fears, the decaying_flows count is maintained as part of COBALT anyway
so there's no extra overhead involved.  It nicely splits out the 'codel'
flows from the 'blue' flows.

Kevin