[Cake] [Codel] Proposing COBALT

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:33:20 EDT 2016

> On 28 Jun, 2016, at 11:40, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Would you like me to split out 'sparse_flows' and 'decaying_flows'?

No.  A flow with BLUE active won’t be in “decaying flows” continuously until traffic ceases on it, but will likely jump rapidly between “decaying”, “sparse” and possibly “bulk” as well, if the drop rate is temporarily too high.  Jittery stats are hard to read and use.

I also have an independent reason to avoid adding more stats (without deleting some others) - there is only so much vertical space on my PowerBook’s screen.