[Cake] [Codel] Proposing COBALT

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Tue Jun 28 13:37:50 EDT 2016

On 28/06/16 16:33, Jonathan Morton wrote:
>> On 28 Jun, 2016, at 11:40, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Would you like me to split out 'sparse_flows' and 'decaying_flows'?
> No.  A flow with BLUE active won’t be in “decaying flows” continuously until traffic ceases on it, but will likely jump rapidly between “decaying”, “sparse” and possibly “bulk” as well, if the drop rate is temporarily too high.  Jittery stats are hard to read and use.
Fair enough.

> I also have an independent reason to avoid adding more stats (without deleting some others) - there is only so much vertical space on my PowerBook’s screen.
Ha ha - as good a reason as any :-)

Ok, so I've pushed the 'split u32 last_len into 2 u16' tweaks to tc-adv
& sch_cake.

I will push a corresponding change into LEDE for the iproute2 (tc)
package.   The push of sch_cake itself will happen after I've merged
cobalt into master - that will happen shortly unless someone screams.

My plan on that is to merge cobalt into master, and then rebase cobalt
to that merge..effectively a fast-forward to the new master...cobalt can
then continue with development from that new starting point.

Kevin