[Cake] cake separate qos for lan

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Mar 28 08:02:37 EDT 2016

Hi Allan,

> On Mar 27, 2016, at 07:31 , Allan Pinto <allan316 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is the cache inside or outside the point where the router is fitted
>  outside..
>
> Cache-Server
> internet Gateway —> L2 switch   --> LInux router with cake - - [ pppoe connection ]  --> customer

	Looking at this I would assume you can skip ingress shaping completely, just shape on the pppoe devices egress (for customer ingress) as well as on egress to the L2-switch for customer egress. This should allow to completely avoid IMQ/IFB and the associated computation cost. On the other hand I am not sure how well this will scale with its two cake instances per customer…