[Cake] cake separate qos for lan

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:59:23 EDT 2016

> On 31 Mar, 2016, at 14:49, Allan Pinto <allan316 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> im not sure if we can route it to ifb this way,( maybe only works with tc redirection?) as i feel that i have just set up a routing loop.

Both IFB and IMQ use the original routing information to direct the packet to the original device after passing through.  There is thus no second pass through the routing tables (or the firewall).

I think to use routing tables in any way for this purpose, you would need to use a virtual-ethernet-pair device, not IFB or IMQ.  Consider that a fallback option if we can’t get anything else to work.

I’m also thinking of cleaner ways to do this by means of adding code, rather than masses of configuration.  It really shouldn’t be this hard to produce a working setup.