[Cake] cake separate qos for lan

Allan Pinto allan316 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:49:38 EDT 2016

>I gave this a shot, it doesn't route the packets back trhough the
>underlying interface...
>perhaps policy routing?

tried it with policy routing too, packets get dropped when i point them to
the ifb interfaces fast/slow. tried both dummy and ifb.

ip route add $custip dev fast table 10
ip route add $custip dev slow table 11
ip rule add from $cacheip to $custip lookup 10 priority 10
ip rule add from all to $custip lookup 11 priority 11

im not sure if we can route it to ifb this way,( maybe only works with tc
redirection?) as i feel that i have just set up a routing loop.

i did not have time to recompile the kernel for imq, as jonathan mentioned
but will try that too,
did not try the ifb method mentioned by jonathan yet.

Thanx and regd's.

Allan.