[Cake] Fwd: [Codel] fq_codel_drop vs a udp flood

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri May 6 05:36:02 EDT 2016

	That is what I thought as well, but as I understand now fragmentation happens on the IP level independent of the “payload” so fragmentation is all the same for UDP/TCP/ICMP. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4#Fragmentation_and_reassembly all packets in a fragment group should have the same IP identification value, so matching fragmented packets should be even easier, just use the SRCIP, DSTIP PROTOCOL IDENTIFICATION quadruple (all values that live in the IP header, or use these values to find the matching port from the first fragments protocol header… For sanity checking one might even require for all but the last packet to have the MF flag set and the fragment offsets to be monotonically increasing. But this will require to at least look at the MF flag to notice fragments at all… But I guess https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6864 says all of this more distinctively…