[Cake] tp-link archer c7 & cake & mac80211 fq_codel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:39:53 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
<kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
> Forgot to mention - in slightly better news, the recent fq_codel
> flows_cnt = 128 recommendation from Eric has made it up into John

I still kind of disagree with the reasoning on cutting the default to
128 queues, btw, but I felt it was worth testing.

IMHO in most circumstances having more queues will make you more
resilient to simple dumb floods as well as more complex ones, and give
better latency overall for all flows... But, lacking data on lower end
platforms, and being only willing to argue with y'all - (especially
eric), with it...

... is sort of why you find me (successfully) installing lede today on
the archer c7 v2.

I certainly agree strongly with the bulk drop portion of the patch. I
never liked scanning all the queues for every drop... I just couldn't
force myself to come up with something as drastic as eric did.

I sure wish cake, tc-adv, and the current sqm were up in lede...

http://blog.cerowrt.org