[Cake] Cake with Deep Packet Inspection

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:52:47 EST 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Noah Causin <n0manletter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I took an extra router I had and bridged two ports on the router's switch,
> so they just pass traffic. (eth0.2 and eth0.3)
>
> Clients >-[Main Router] --[Extra Router]--[Cable-Modem]
>
> The extra router is passive.  It acts like it's part of the Ethernet cable
> between the main router and cable modem.  It does not interfere.
>
> The extra router needs these packages:
>
> kmod-ebtables, kmod-ebtables-ipv4, kmod-crypto-pcompress and the two
> packages compiled from the Makefile I showed below (iptables-mod-ndpi and
> iptables-mod-ndpi)
>
> I edited /etc/sysctl.conf and change the last two lines to this:
>
> net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables=1
> net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables=1
>
> This enables bridge firewalling, so the traffic between the two ports can be
> marked.
>
> I then added firewall rules to LuCIs custom firewall rules tab.
>
> Example Rules, modify classes as desired:
>
> iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -m ndpi --steam -m mac ! --mac-source Your
> Main Router's Mac Address -j DSCP --set-dscp-class cs0
> iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -m ndpi --youtube -m mac ! --mac-source Your
> Main Router's Mac Address -j DSCP --set-dscp-class cs2
>
> iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -m ndpi --netflix -m mac ! --mac-source Your
> Main Router's Mac Address -j DSCP --set-dscp-class cs3
> iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -m ndpi --skype -m mac ! --mac-source Your
> Main Router's Mac Address -j DSCP --set-dscp-class cs4
>
> Have your main router use some form of DiffServ for both upload and download
> on its WAN interface.  For upload traffic, you just need the two packages
> from the makefile to be installed on the main router and create firewall
> rules like this:
>
> iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -o eth2 -m ndpi --netflix -j DSCP
> --set-dscp-class cs3
> iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -o eth2 -m ndpi --skype -j DSCP
> --set-dscp-class cs4
>
> If you need help building a custom firmware image, just let me know.

Ok got it, its in-line.... right now im fighting the GFW of China
using shadowsocks and chinadns so im pretty customized already,
i was having issues with sqm and kernel segfaults on 4.4.30 ill build
a cake and DPI image and see how that goes, maybe Ill try this
after i deem sqm is stable with cake on this build. It a ZBT-WG3526
router... so its ralink based