[Cake] Master branch updated

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 03:22:04 EDT 2016

I’ve just merged the NAT, PTM and Linux-4.8 compatibility stuff into the master branch of Cake.  It’s stable code and a definite improvement.

This frees up the Cobalt branch for more experimentation, such as the rewrite of triple-isolate that I also just pushed.  I found a way to make it more DRR-like, by simply scaling down the quantum used for each host by the number of flows attached to that host.

I still need to test whether it works as well as the old version, but it should at least be less CPU intensive.  In particular it should no longer require bursts of CPU activity when the host deficits expire, and host deficit expiry should no longer be explicitly synchronised.

See if, between you, you can break it before I get back from shopping.  :-)