[Cake] Master branch updated

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 04:46:16 EDT 2016

Hi Jonathan,

> On Oct 4, 2016, at 09:22 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve just merged the NAT, PTM

	About that PTM accounting, could you explain why you want to perform the adjustment as a a “virtual” size increase per packet instead of a “virtual” rate reduction? The arguments for adjusting the rate are as follows:
1) You only need to adjust the rate if the rate was changed compared to for each packet, which should save CPU time and be more efficient.

2) For most users the rate (potentially expressed as bits per second) will be larger than the typical packet size (around 1540 Bytes) so adjusting the rate should introduce less rounding imprecision. To put this in numbers 1540 Byte equal 12.32 Kbit.

I am confident that you have good reasons for you implementation decisions, all I want is to learn what those are.

P.S.: I realize that I am  looking like  a one-trick pony totally hung up on the overhead adjustment issue. I would prefer to let go, but I want to be certain that this is in good hands before I do this, as the value of doing these compensations IMHO depends on absolute meticulous attention (so needs any additional pair of eyes to peer over it).