[Cake] Per-host fairness

G. Amanakis g_amanakis at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 11:57:03 EDT 2016

I am trying the cobalt branch along with the 950-add-cake-to-tc.patch from lede-git on Archlinux. However, I cannot get per-host fairness as expected, neither with IPv4 behind NAT, nor with IPv6. Having host A downloading from 2 sites and host B from 1, A gets always 1/3 of available bandwidth. I am using "bestefforts triple-isolate nat" on egress and ingress ifb of the WAN interface. Kernel 4.4.24 and 4.7.6.

The same setup with the same bandwidth limiting (3300kbit/900kbit) works as expected with fq_codel, tc-flow using mark for hashing, and iptables with HMARK using source egress ip for hashing and CONNMARK on WAN.