[Cake] Cake] Current status and recommendations for APU2C*/ArcherC7 and ath10k platforms?

Jon Pike jonpike54 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:13:06 EDT 2017

>The 17.01 LEDE release is great for >both the C7 and the WNDR3800, and

has all the WiFi-related fixes (bufferbloat fixes and airtime fairness)
included. You'll probably need something beefier for a main gateway at
those speeds, though. Not sure about the APU2; think it is supported in
>LEDE as well?

Just a note, I have a C7, and it might just be able to get by at your
speeds. Actually, have a 300/30mbit cable connection, so I've done a
lot of experimenting to see how much of that it can handle. The limit
seems to be about 120-140 (set) with measured speed being 100-125mbit,
with Cake running, before my C7 starts hitting 0% idle.  Now, only
ingress is that fast, with the egress much slower, not sure if it
would he  worse case with both about as fast.  No SQM, or SQM on the
30mbit egress only, and it's good to >340mbit.

Thought this might be a good place to ask a question or two abt the
wifi fast stuff... while Toke's listening.

1. What's the status of make wifi fast on the ath10k now, or did it
make it there yet?

2. Is there any benefit or reason to use (or not) the optional Caldera
ath10k driver vs the standard one? (Possibly no MWFF connection)

TNX...