[Cake] cake flenter results round 3

Georgios Amanakis gamanakis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:29:00 EST 2017

cake vs sfq and fq_codel looks great! You already have fq_codel in the
graphs, do you mean codel?

In terms of simulating CMTS I am trying to simulate a cable connection.
Is the following reasonable?
===========8<===========
servers --- delay --- isp --- mbox --- clients

delay:
tc qdisc replace dev delay.r root netem delay ZZms rate XXXmbit limit 100000
tc qdisc replace dev delay.l root netem delay ZZms rate XXXmbit limit 100000

isp:
tc qdisc replace dev isp.l root bfifo limit 1024k
tc qdisc replace dev isp.r root bfifo limit 1024k

mbox:
tc qdisc replace dev mbox.l root cake bandwidth YYYmbit
tc qdisc replace dev mbox.r root cake bandwidth YYYmbit

George