[Cake] overheads or rate calculation changed?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 10:55:17 EST 2017

Thx andy and jon for the bisect and the fix. I am deep in the jungles
of nicaragua at the moment, and won't be doing much with any codebases
until I get out in mid january - the internet is terrible here, and
where I am hasn't had power in a couple days, either!

Expect sparse emails from me til then.

(But the food, surf, and alcohol are fantastic, and I'm trying to fix
the local wifi AP pointed 8km into town).

I kind of gave up on the mainlining attempt this go-round (I don't
understand why the kbuildbot kicked it back, there's no stack use in
the function it dislikes that I can see!?).

if this shaper fix was 'the last bug" on the reorganized code, I'd
support someone (with reliable internet) pushing it to lede.

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 21 Dec, 2017, at 2:54 am, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>    refactor cake_advance_shaper and ack_filter
>>
>>    cake_advance_shaper now returns a modified len argument to
>>    reflect cake_overhead.
>>    skb_ack_filter variable replaced with ack
>
> Fixed.  At one point cake_advance_shaper() was still getting a packet length with overhead correction already applied, and was then applying it a second time.
>
>  - Jonathan Morton

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619