[Cake] overheads or rate calculation changed?

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Fri Dec 22 07:58:14 EST 2017

> On 22 Dec 2017, at 10:00, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Git seems to regularly get confused when similar code changes occur in parallel in different branches.  In this case, I had the original version of ingress mode while the public tree had the reconstructed version - almost identical, but still constituting a merge conflict.  I really don't know why the 'pad' thing wasn't similarly flagged.
>
> If there's an easy way to simply accept the remote version of the file as correct and not bother generating a merge commit, I couldn't find it.

I’ve been unable to discern what distribution/branch/merge strategy is being aimed for here so can’t offer constructive advice.  Git has always done what it’s supposed to for me, that may have been not quite what I expected but it’s always been logical.

> In any case I need to thoroughly review all this code before I can sign off on it.  That'll also give me an opportunity to sort out the stats somehow.
>
> - Jonathan Morton

Cheers,

Kevin D-B

012C ACB2 28C6 C53E 9775  9123 B3A2 389B 9DE2 334A