[Cake] [Make-wifi-fast] Flent results for point-to-point Wi-Fi on LEDE/OM2P-HS available

Dave Täht dave at taht.net
Wed Feb 15 18:03:43 EST 2017

On 2/14/17 12:56 AM, Pete Heist wrote:

>> On Jan 31, 2017, at 12:21 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It would be my hope that 802.11e is off (rrul will show this, and we
>> still do badly with it on)
>
> Does this mean to try disabling WMM (uci set wireless.default_radio0.wmm='0’)?
>
> That’s how I took it, as it looks like WMM is a subset of 802.11e. But if I do that, I lose 802.11n support and throughput drops from ~90 Mbps to ~22 Mbps. I could get those results out of interest, but it wouldn’t be practical in the field.
>
> Or is there another way to turn off 802.11e without losing 802.11n support?

you are correct. I misspoke. turning off wmm disables 802.11n. Which I'd
forgotten until I too ran a test with wmm disabled a week or two back.

What I'd done in cerowrt was disable the internal mac80211 QoS
classifier entirely. (-1 line of code). Another way to do it is to apply
an iptables rule to wash away all diffserv markings, but I don't care
for that answer.

try as I might I cannot remember if this was even possible in hostapd or
in the mac layer any other way. I'll look this week.