[Cake] low bandwidth default params best effort vs voice latency.

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 13:45:42 EST 2017

> On 4 Mar, 2017, at 20:21, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I mark icmp as ef which does go to voice and repeat the test.
>
> It performs slightly worse for max delay.

Hmm.

If I’m reading those fping commands right, you’re sending a total of 36KB/s in ICMP (4x 60pps 150B), which should fit into the 25% Voice allocation on a 2Mbps (250KB/s) uplink.  Under these circumstances, Voice should still be prioritised relative to Best Effort.  Adding over 10ms of RTT is not what’s expected.

Let me think carefully about how this filters through the priority layer.  I may need to tweak it a bit.