[Cake] Recomended HW to run cake and fq_codel?

Nils Andreas Svee me at lochnair.net
Tue May 2 08:11:20 EDT 2017

Kinda surprising that the plain ER-X isn't readily available. I know
Dustin used to have them, but they're out of stock. Both of them will do
just fine, but I'd probably pick the ER-X-SFP for the beefier CPU, if
only to get some extra headroom. Mind the ER-X only have 256 MB RAM and
256 MB flash, if that matters to you.

DSL tends to suck pretty (read: very) bad without proper shaping, I
know. On that note, are you planning to run an AQM on both ends of the
bottleneck, or shape ingress traffic via a IFB device? CAKE helps a lot
when running on ingress, but it can't come close to running on both
ends.

Best Regards
Nils