[Cake] Cake upstream Planning

Pete Heist peteheist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:06:53 EST 2017

> On Nov 15, 2017, at 8:44 PM, Dave Taht <dave at taht.net> wrote:
>
> I dearly would like to try and submit cake to mainline linux in
> december. Getting it done is going to take group effort.
>
> And trying to cover all the corner cases, is going to take co-ordination
> and scripting, and perhaps we should switch to google docs to pull together.
>
> Also, it might be fun to schedule a dramatic reading of the source code
> via videoconference because theres a lot in cake that not enough people
> (except maybe jonathan) understand.

That sounds good. Rather than my making some test plan, if you start a doc just plug me in where you think it’s best.

There’s also been a Cake support feature request hanging around in the EdgeOS forums for a while after Lochnair’s successful work to get it built for the EdgeRouter firmware:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Feature-Requests/Cake-shaper-support/idi-p/1885749 <https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Feature-Requests/Cake-shaper-support/idi-p/1885749>

Maybe this would help get it pushed through into a device that I think has pretty wide deployment…