[Cake] cake flenter results round 2

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Tue Nov 28 14:07:22 EST 2017

Pete Heist <peteheist at gmail.com> writes:

> *** Round 3 Plans:
>
> * Use netem to test a spread of simulated rtts and bandwidths.

Since you are leveraging a few too few boxes, attached are my current
scripts for fiddling a bit with network namespaces. I added individual
ssh, irtt, etc, servers so that things like flent's ssh stuff should
just work for polling stats.

To get it setup, run

# ./vsetup.sh # basically go read *.sh
# ./vcake.sh # go read it
# ip netns exec server flent -H 10.10.2.2 yourtest

What's got me stopped is the network namespaces don't seem to let me
have an /etc/hosts file for dns lookup, as I'd wanted to have names
like mbox-l, mbox-r and the above IP, be "client".